Friday, May 23, 2008

JACE OWEN THOMAS - TWO YEARS GONE


732 "wake-ups" ago our precious Jace Owen did not. Since that tragic morning, my heart (and I know my son's as well), is still filled with despair and can find no relief. The photograph in this posting was taken only two to three hours before baby Jace took his last breath and left so many unanswered questions. Jace's Daddy was out of town that morning and never knew he would be denied the final good-bye. Only Jace's Mother (who took several photos early that morning) knows what really happened and the truth may never be revealed.

I have daily thoughts of Jace Owen, who would be almost two and a half years old today. In my thoughts, I see Jace running across the lawn or learning to hit a baseball or showing me his coloring book and so many things. Jace was going to be a big nascar fan and Kasey Kane was his designated driver. On the Sunday after Jace passed away Kasey won a race and we like to believe our Jace was riding along that day. Last Saturday, Kasey Kane won another race and perhaps our Jace was with him again.

So, today (as with all other days) I reflect on that darkest of mornings and then I try to cherish the very short time that Jace Owen was with us with a smile. My thoughts are also with my son, Jason and Jace Owen's Daddy as he struggles to ease the pain of a broken heart.

God's speed little man............


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home