Sunday, May 24, 2009

Remembering Jace Owen Thomas

The 23rd day of May will always be a day of remembering and reflection for me. It was on the 23rd day of May in the year 2006 that we lost our precious Jace Owen in a tragic and mysterious event at his home in Splendora, Texas.

Jace was sleeping. His Mother had made the decision to place Jace in her bed and the events that followed are known only to her. The thing that is known is that Jace Owen, aged 5 months and 11 days did not wake up that morning. The coroner ruled a "natural" death most likely from S.I.D.S. The Mother apparently told her own father months later that she had rolled over on top of Jace while in a drug induced sleep and "accidently" smothered him. No matter where the real truth resides our precious Jace breathed his last sometime in the early morning of Tuesday, May 23rd 2006.

Jace Owen Thomas should be three and a half years old today. He should be talking and smiling and learning and doing all the little boys things that little boys do. Instead he is gone and we are all diminished for it.

I will always remember Jace Owen for even in his very short time among us he touched a lasting part of my heart and the heart of his Daddy and all those who knew him.

Sleep well..........

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes I wonder if losing our loved ones ever gets easier....
Although we have never met I pray that we will some day.
One thing that makes me feel better is knowing that you are with all our loved ones that are gone and you are in the arms of our Heavenly Father.
I love you Baby Jace. Until we meet. Tell my Mommy, Momma,Grandma, and Grandpa I said hello.
Love your Auntie,
Cherice XO

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home