Thursday, May 25, 2006

STILL GONE TODAY


As I awoke in the early hours of this day the first thought I had was that our precious Jace Owen is STILL GONE TODAY (as he will be for all days to come).

Jace's loving parents, his other relatives and friends and I will struggle to ever find a reason or meaning for the passing of this beautiful little boy after ONLY 5 months and 11 days of gracing us all with his presence.

I know now with a certainy that nothing can ever be taken for granted again. When a small child like Jace isn't allowed to breathe his way into his 163rd day I realize that absolutely anything can happen and this was just wrong!

I loved that little boy.....Jace Owen Thomas (born "early" December 11th, 2005 and passed away "far too early" on the morning of May 23nd, 2006) Jace's essence will live on in his parents and brother and sisters and all the other relatives and friends and for sure with me (his grandfather).

Our Jace is "still gone today".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Dad...
Thank you for sharing this with us. Words can't describe the feelings that one goes through in a time like this, but in my mind and heart, I feel comforted knowing that we can all remember the smiles and the good that have been a part of the last 6 months.
I will be here to follow your posts with my love and support as you know.
Thank you again for sharing this...

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, Jason, et al.,

I still am in awe at what has happened. I will see you tomorrow.

John

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,

My heart is broken for you and your entire family. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

This is a beautiful tribute that you have made for Jace. His smiles, his beautiful face, his happy demeanor will always live on through you, his Mom, his Dad, and his siblings.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of his brief life by posting pictures of him on your site. If you need anything, I'm here.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am Jace's cousin and however brief the time we had was, it was and will always be so very special. The one thing that I can say is " Life holds for us the unexpected and please cherish every second that each day holds"

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This note is for jocelyn. I want to thank you for your comment and I truly appreciate the sentiment. I find a certain peace as I listen to the tribute songs and as I close my eyes I "feel" our Jace and it's a comfort. He will be with me each day until I join him and we can walk hand in hand together.

Greg

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home